Math Tools for Successful Distance Learning
The Nevada National Board Professional Learning Institute: Empowering Teachers as Leaders and Learners is pleased to invite all teachers of grades 6-12 mathematics to register for a series of free virtual workshops that introduces multimedia tools designed to increase student engagement. We look forward to creating an engaging space for teachers to engage with each other as they implement the tools in their practice.
Attendees who engage in all six workshops will receive 15 professional development hours, suitable for licensure renewal requirements with the Nevada Department of Education. This professional learning opportunity is provided free of charge for Nevada’s mathematics teachers thanks to a grant awarded by the Nevada Energy Foundation. Workshops take place using Zoom video conferencing. Nevada teachers attending all sessions will receive a complimentary copy of Stacey Roshan’s book, Tech With Heart. All workshops take place from 4:30 to 7:00 P.M. (Pacific Time).
Workshop dates and topics:
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 Using Flipgrid for Mini-Lessons & Alternative Assessments, facilitated by Stacey Roshan
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 The Desmos Graphing App, Geometry App, and an Introduction to Desmos Activity Builder, facilitated by Steve Phelps
- Thursday, December 3, 2020 The Desmos Activity Builder: Formatively Assessing Students in Real Time, facilitated by Steve Phelps
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 GeoGebra and GeoGebra Classroom: Collaboration and Formative Assessment in Real Time, facilitated by Steve Phelps
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 Using Pear Deck and the Flipped Classroom to Make Learning Active, facilitated by Stacey Roshan
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 Flipped Classrooms and Collaborative Challenges, facilitated by Steve Isaak
Registration can be completed at https://bit.ly/NVmathtools Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding registration and the workshop series.