Find Your Building Rep

Weingarten Rights


“If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my association representative be present at the meeting.”

  • Do not resign or abandon your work location.
  • All communication with your association is strictly confidential.
  • Document the incident in writing.
  • Keep any records that relate to the incident.
  • Representation is strongly advised.
  • Timeliness is important – don’t delay.
  • Use your contract as a guide.
  • Follow orders unless there is potential for personal injury – you can grieve the orders later.
  • Call the WEA for help.
WEA/WCSD Negotiated Agreement
All public employees in Nevada are in a common retirement system. The various groups in the system cooperate to achieve maximum legislative strength. Because questions concerning retirement relate to personal cases, it is best to call NV PERS directly at 687-4200.

The WEA does offer Retirement Counseling Services to guide you through the retirement process and answer your questions at our twice-annual retirement seminars (Thursdays in October and February).


Standards of Licensure are established by the Professional Standards Commission.

A majority of the members of this Board are practicing teachers, and two of them are WEA members.

Because questions concerning your particular license will be unique to your individual situation, it is best to direct your questions to the State Department of Education in Carson City at (775) 687-3115.