(Right to Representation)
“If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my association representative be present at the meeting.”
- Do not resign or abandon your work location.
- All communication with your association is strictly confidential.
- Document the incident in writing.
- Keep any records that relate to the incident.
- Representation is strongly advised.
- Timeliness is important – don’t delay.
- Use your contract as a guide.
- Follow orders unless there is potential for personal injury – you can grieve the orders later.
- Call your UniServ Director for help.