How to be a Legislative Advocate during Spring Break 2019
- Attend the Senate Floor Session at 11:00 am
- Attend the Assembly Floor Session at 11:30 am
- Attend the Senate Education Committee Meetings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 1:00 pm in Room 2134.
- Attend the Assembly Education Committee Meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1:30 pm in Room 3138
- Attend other committee meetings. Some of them that can effect education policies include: Finance, Ways and Means
- Send a letter and/or email to your legislator
- Who is my legislator? http://mapserve1.leg.state.nv.us/whoRU/
- Please contact the legislator where you live and work.
- What are the NSEA Legislative Priorities? Learn more here: http://www.nsea-nv.org/assets/document/NV/2019LegislativeGuide.pdf
- Check the NELIS website for bill tracking: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/80th2019
- Like Washoe Education Association and Nevada State Education Association on Facebook.
- Follow @WeaToday and @NSEAOnline on Twitter.
- Continue to wear “Red for Ed” to continue the fight for pro-public education. Take a picture and post it on social media. Tag the Washoe Education Association. #RedForEd #showmeyourapple
Please note: The day, time, or location may be changed at any time by the chair. Check the meeting agenda and Nevada Legislature website for the most up-to-date information. https://www.leg.state.nv.us/